Jump to Navigation

Contact Us Today

Bold labels are required.

Contact Information

The use of the Internet or this form for communication with the firm or any individual member of the firm does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent through this form.


Privacy Policy

Office Location

The Law Offices of James A. Adams, P.C., L.L.O.
5822 S. 142nd Street, Suite A
Omaha, NE 68137
Phone: 800-561-9043
Fax: 402-934-7606
Map and Directions

American Institute of Family Law Attorneys | !0 Best Law Firms | 2016 Client Satisfaction Award

blog Archives

Will your alcohol use hurt your chances at custody in divorce?

During a divorce, custody of minor children often becomes a contentious issue. Spouses may not agree on a parenting plan, child support levels or even how to split up holidays after the divorce. If you aren't able to agree to specific terms, the courts will generally decide. That means that you and your spouse will each be trying to convince the courts that you should have primary or even full custody of your children. Any misbehavior or past legal troubles could get dragged into court as a means of proving you shouldn't have custody of your children. That can include alcohol use.

Can you share custody, finances and a home after divorce?

You and your spouse know that divorce is imminent. You have issues that simply can not be reconciled, for whatever reason. Once there has been a breakdown of trust or love within the marital union, fixing things may prove impossible. Divorce doesn't necessarily mean that everything in your lives and the lives of your children will need to change. Many couples who divorce are finding that continuing to cohabitate after divorce can reduce some of the negative financial impacts of divorce as well as the emotional impact on the children. It is an increasingly popular option for divorcing couples with kids.

Important vocabulary for parents who want to leave Nebraska

If you're a single parent who wants to move to another state with your child, you must get approval from the court. In many cases, it may not be possible to gain permission for this kind of move, but sometimes, the court will approve of your request.