PLEASE NOTE: To protect your safety in response to the threats of COVID-19, we are offering our clients the ability to meet us via telephone or through video conferencing. Please call our office to discuss your options.
The Law Offices of James A. Adams, P.C., L.L.O.
Phone: 800-561-9043

Celebrity real estate investor in custody battle with ex

A man and his long-time partner, who adopted a daughter together, are now in a custody battle regarding that daughter. The couple climbed to fame as real estate investors turned reality stars. One of the men has an ongoing show on Sirius XM and took airtime to mention the case.

At some point, the two men worked out a parenting plan through mediation. They currently have an arrangement, which is supposed to be temporary, where one man gets physical custody of the child 70% of the time and the other man gets custody 30% of the time. The mediation ended with some sort of agreement that determined that the two would split time 57% and 43%.

The host of the Sirius XM show said that he is no longer willing to sign the written agreement, suggesting that he feels that the agreement is not binding. He indicates that he doesn't feel like it is in his daughter's best interest. He also suggested that his former partner has not been seeing the girl even when he is supposed to have custody of her. For his part, the other man vehemently denies his former partner's accusations, calling them untrue and suggesting that the remarks were not in his daughter's best interest.

This case may present legal issues down the road that could be of interest to parents facing their own custody battles. If you need help with a custody case or other family law issue, you should contact an attorney for assistance.

No Comments

Leave a comment
Comment Information
Email Us For A Response

Contact The Office

Bold labels are required.

Contact Information
disclaimer.

The use of the Internet or this form for communication with the firm or any individual member of the firm does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent through this form.

close

Privacy Policy

The Law Offices of James A. Adams, P.C., L.L.O.
5822 S. 142nd Street, Suite A
Omaha, NE 68137

Map & Directions

  • American Institute of Family Law Attorneys | 10 Best Law Firms | 2016 Client Satisfaction Award
  • Loading...