The Law Offices of James A. Adams, P.C., L.L.O.
Phone: 800-561-9043

paternity and custody Archives

What exactly is shared custody?

Many parents in Omaha may either have what is commonly referred to as a shared custody arrangement or may at least know someone who does. However, dads who are new to the world of figuring out child custody and parenting time may not fully understand exactly what shared custody entails.

Acknowledgement of paternity in Nebraska

Like other states, Nebraska has a process by which a man and a woman who are unmarried can establish the man's paternity without having to go through the formal process of going to court and having genetic testing. Many couples favor such an approach because it saves times and, in reality, there is no dispute as to who the father of the child is.

You can use child support for these items in Nebraska

Receiving child support payments from the other parent of your child is a big help when you are not living together. These payments make it easier for you to care for your child and help them grow. You might still have to work two or more jobs to make ends meet in Omaha, Nebraska, but the money you receive can be put towards a lot of things for your child.

Email Us For A Response

Contact The Office

Bold labels are required.

Contact Information

The use of the Internet or this form for communication with the firm or any individual member of the firm does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent through this form.


Privacy Policy

The Law Offices of James A. Adams, P.C., L.L.O.
5822 S. 142nd Street, Suite A
Omaha, NE 68137

Map & Directions

  • American Institute of Family Law Attorneys | 10 Best Law Firms | 2016 Client Satisfaction Award
  • Loading...