Resolving Complex Issues
The distribution of assets and debt between parties in a divorce proceeding can get difficult, especially if emotions are allowed to flair. It is sometimes the case for one or both parties to seek retribution on the other in the form of monetary penalty during the division of assets phase of your case. Distributions of marital assets and debts can also affect the determination of spousal support.
It is critical that you seek the counsel of an experienced lawyer who can guide your decisions and advocate for your case with confidence in any situation. I have more than 25 years of experience thoroughly investigating, preparing and influencing outcomes in the best interests of husbands and fathers in Nebraska. From the Omaha offices of The Law Offices of James A. Adams, P.C., L.L.O., I can provide you with a range of focused services and resources through all aspects of your divorce or family law matter.
Protect Your Assets And Limit Your Liabilities
In Nebraska, judges will attempt to distribute assets and debts equitably among parties but may not always split everything 50/50. I will fight for your best interests, which include reasonable divisions of assets and liabilities, based on fairness and principles of equity. I provide valuable services for my clients, including:
- Evaluation of all marital property, including real estate, financial assets, personal property and debt
- Examination of all financial information of both parties, including gifts and inheritances
- Professional practice and business valuation
- Property appraisals (real estate and personal property)
- Evaluation of retirement accounts
- Evaluation of financial investments and accounts
- Evaluation of tax consequences related to the distribution of various assets
- Separating out gifts and inheritances from the marital estate
I am prepared to handle difficult issues such as hidden assets, commingled funds, tracing of funds, undisclosed debts, subpoenas for bank records and employment records concerning hidden funds and retirement accounts, etc. I will work tirelessly to protect you from unfair property and debt distribution.
Contact A Skilled Attorney Now
I will fight for an equitable distribution of assets and debts. Call me today to schedule a meeting. You can reach my office in Omaha toll-free at Call. You may also contact me online so that I can get in touch with you as soon as possible. I am a reliable and tactful property division attorney.