PLEASE NOTE: To protect your safety in response to the threats of COVID-19, we are offering our clients the ability to meet us via telephone or through video conferencing. Please call our office to discuss your options.
Brand Logo

Omaha Family Law Attorney

Banner Image

Experienced Douglas County and Surrounding Areas Divorce Lawyer

At the law firm of The Law Offices of James A. Adams, P.C., L.L.O., we closely work with men who have a family law matter that requires skill, precision and tenaciousness. We have a history of handling all types of issues, including challenging cases that require creative solutions or aggressive litigation experience.

We are here to help you through every stage of a divorce or family law matter, including all necessary court appearances, trial and requests for modification or enforcement of existing divorce decrees. Contact us today to schedule an appointment at our Omaha, Nebraska, office.

Fighting for Your Rights and What You Deserve

We handle all matters related to or arising out of a contested or uncontested divorce, including:

Child custody and visitation : We will help you negotiate a fair custody and parenting time arrangement that is in the best interests of your children while safeguarding your rights as a parent.

Child support: We can help you calculate child support owed by each parent using Nebraska state guidelines. We will review every proposed order to ensure it complies with the guidelines, that all relevant income, deductions, or other entitlements are properly considered, and that any deviations made from state guidelines will be accepted by the court.

Spousal support (alimony): Our law firm will help you determine if spousal support is an issue. We can help you evaluate how much should be paid, how long alimony should last, and under what circumstances it can be terminated or adjusted.

Property and asset division: We will help you arrive at an equitable divorce settlement that divides the debts and assets accumulated during your marriage fairly. This may include the marital home, any other real estate holdings, investment portfolios, bank account amounts, business assets and retirement plans.

Paternity : We also handle paternity actions related to establishing custody and visitation rights, as well as dealing with child support issues.

Modifications and contempt orders : If there has been a substantial change in circumstances after a final settlement has been approved and the divorce decree issued, we can help you petition the court to approve an order that accurately accounts for changes needed to custody, child support, visitation or spousal support. We can also help you have an order enforced by the court if one person is not being compliant with the terms of an existing order or decree.

Contact us today to schedule an appointment to speak with our law firm about any family law matter you need help with. We know that DADS HAVE RIGHTS, TOO!

Contact Us Today

5822 S. 142nd Street, Suite A
Omaha, NE 68137
Map & Directions

Facebook     Linkedin   Twitter