Dads have Rights Too

Dads have Rights Too

  1. Home
  2.  » 
  3. Practice Areas
  4.  » Contempt

Enforcing Court Orders On Behalf Of Fathers

From the moment your divorce proceeding is resolved and court orders are finalized, each party must adhere to and follow court-ordered provisions and agreements in the divorce decree. You and your ex-spouse are legally obligated to follow child support, custody, parenting time/visitation, spousal support and asset distribution orders.

You are not required to tolerate violations of court orders. If you experience your ex disobeying parenting time schedules, disobeying financial directives or neglecting their support payments, contact The Law Offices of James A. Adams PCLLO, right away to determine the proper course of action with an experienced Nebraska fathers’ rights lawyer.

Protecting Your Interests And Taking Action

You should not sit idly by and hope that your ex-spouse will make the right decision to begin following a court order. Minor infractions can become repeated offenses. Don’t allow yourself to be taken advantage of. I can help you file contempt charges and take action in several ways, including:

  • Wage garnishment
  • Bank account levy
  • Asset seizure
  • Arrest warrant
  • Suspension of driving privileges
  • Restrictions on parenting time and parenting rights
  • Posting of a bond to protect against further violations
  • Payment of attorney fees

Contempt actions should be pursued zealously and timely if your former spouse is not following the terms of a court order.

Contact An Attorney You Can Confide In Today

Call me toll-free at CALL to discuss the specifics of your case. You may also contact me online to schedule an appointment to meet a decisive and experienced Omaha contempt attorney. My office is open Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. DADS HAVE RIGHTS TOO | I WILL ENFORCE THEM!