Ready to Battle for Your Best Possible Outcome
In Nebraska, there is no set formula to determine spousal support in divorce cases. What is often referred to as alimony or spousal maintenance/support is left to the discretion of the judge if you and your spouse cannot come to a reasonable and fair agreement about spousal support. It is to your benefit to work with a lawyer who can take an assertive and experienced approach toward this issue.
If you or your spouse request spousal support, you need to ensure that your needs and interests are strongly advocated for. The issue can become combative. If your case goes to trial, you want to make sure you are prepared. At The Law Offices of James A. Adams, P.C., L.L.O., Omaha spousal support attorney James Adams is efficient and effective in finding your best possible outcome.
Aggressive Advocacy for Your Case
At The Law Offices of James A. Adams, P.C., L.L.O., we understand that spousal support is a significant issue. It can go hand-in-hand with asset and debt distribution, and it can greatly affect your standard of living temporarily or for years to come. You should ensure your attorney is as serious about this issue as you are.
The factors that are important to the alimony or spousal support issue are numerous and include the following:
- Disparities in disposable income of the spouses
- Amount or size of incomes of both parties
- Length of marriage
- Lifestyle enjoyed by spouses
- Monthly living expenses of both parties
- Contributions to the marriage by the spouse seeking support
- Sacrifice of career by the requesting spouse
- Financial investments and other property
- Prenuptial and postnuptial agreements
- Disabilities and benefits
- Child support
- Child custody and parenting time issues
- Military family issues