Nebraska fathers are naturally concerned about how their divorce will impact their relationship with their children. While kids benefit when they are able to maintain strong relationships with both parents, it may be necessary for fathers to pursue sole or joint custody rights. There are certain things dads can do that will give them a strong chance of success and allow them to fight for the most beneficial outcome.
Steps for success
Dads who are pursuing child custody will want to do everything they can to strengthen their case and secure their custody rights. Certain steps that may be helpful include:
- Know child custody laws, and know how they could affect the specific situation.
- Prepare well in advance for any court date set for a custody hearing.
- Present a strong case to the judge, including having documentation and evidence on hand.
- Any forms required by the state or the court should be completed and returned promptly.
- Adhere to any terms set in place by a judge.
One important step for anyone who is pursuing child custody is to speak with an experienced legal ally. This help can be invaluable in the midst of a complex custody battle.
The best interests of the kids
The primary goal in any child custody battle is to protect the best interests of the kids above all else. This will be the court’s main priority when considering the cases of both Nebraska parents. A dad pursuing custody will find it beneficial to prepare well by first seeking assistance and learning as much as possible about his parental rights.