The Law Offices of James A. Adams, P.C., L.L.O.
Phone: 800-561-9043

August 2017 Archives

Establish paternity to protect your rights as a father

Having a child can be the greatest experience of your life. However, what do you do if your daughter's mother is denying you your parental rights? Since the two of you are not married, will a Nebraska court acknowledge your rights as the father? What can you do if the mother did not list you as the father on the birth certificate?

State reps calling for stronger child custody protections

Two state representatives, one from Pennsylvania and one from New York, are seeking stronger protections for kids who are involved in custody cases across the country. The two representatives, both women, have called for hearings to review the practices of family courts. The resolution created also asks family courts to quicken case resolution when violence is present.

Will your alcohol use hurt your chances at custody in divorce?

During a divorce, custody of minor children often becomes a contentious issue. Spouses may not agree on a parenting plan, child support levels or even how to split up holidays after the divorce. If you aren't able to agree to specific terms, the courts will generally decide. That means that you and your spouse will each be trying to convince the courts that you should have primary or even full custody of your children. Any misbehavior or past legal troubles could get dragged into court as a means of proving you shouldn't have custody of your children. That can include alcohol use.

Email Us For A Response

Contact The Office

Bold labels are required.

Contact Information

The use of the Internet or this form for communication with the firm or any individual member of the firm does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent through this form.


Privacy Policy

The Law Offices of James A. Adams, P.C., L.L.O.
5822 S. 142nd Street, Suite A
Omaha, NE 68137

Map & Directions

American Institute of Family Law Attorneys | 10 Best Law Firms | 2016 Client Satisfaction Award