PLEASE NOTE: To protect your safety in response to the threats of COVID-19, we are offering our clients the ability to meet us via telephone or through video conferencing. Please call our office to discuss your options.
The Law Offices of James A. Adams, P.C., L.L.O.
Phone: 800-561-9043

January 2019 Archives

Fathers should seek fair custody rights during divorce

As a father who is going through a divorce, your biggest concern is being able to maintain a positive relationship with your child. You've been encouraged to maintain involvement in your child's life as much as possible. You know you're always there for them, but how can you show that to the court?

Rights of active duty military in custody cases

Since the Omaha area is the home of a major Air Force base, it is not surprising that many dads who live here are on active duty in the service. Many other Nebraska dads in the area may be serving their country as a reservist or member of the National Guard.

How does child support get figured in high income cases?

In the event of a divorce or a separation, a father who does not care for his child at least half of the time will likely be ordered to pay child support to the child's mother. Many dads are more than happy to do so with the expectation that their money will go to help their child.

Smooth the transition your children deal with when you divorce

The transition that happens when you go from a two-parent home to a single parent home is going to be difficult. You and your co-parent can make this as easy as possible on your children if you work as a team to create a stable and nurturing environment. Success depends on your co-parent working with you to get this done to the fullest extent possible.

Can your ex leave with the kids after your divorce?

Being a divorced father is difficult. The chances are good that you don't get to see your children as often as you might like. You may not feel like you play a significant role in their lives, and your ex may not allow you to participate in important decision-making about what happens in the lives of your children.

Email Us For A Response

Contact The Office

Bold labels are required.

Contact Information

The use of the Internet or this form for communication with the firm or any individual member of the firm does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent through this form.


Privacy Policy

The Law Offices of James A. Adams, P.C., L.L.O.
5822 S. 142nd Street, Suite A
Omaha, NE 68137

Map & Directions

  • American Institute of Family Law Attorneys | 10 Best Law Firms | 2016 Client Satisfaction Award
  • Loading...